The nation remains chilly today as a southerly flow continues. As of lunchtime most centres remain in single digits. A few showers are still lingering… check out where the rain clouds are and the top warm and cold spots across the country…
- Northland – All showers have cleared.
- Southern Wairarapa – Frequent showers easing slowly during the afternoon.
- Hawkes Bay & Gisborne – Showers should be mostly clear of Hawkes Bay now, a few linger around eastern areas north of Mahia Peninsula.
- South Island – Apart from one or two possible showers around Stewart Island and the Southland coast all showers have cleared.
Top cold centres this hour
- Waiouru 1
- Queenstown, Wanaka 3
- Lumsden 5
- Paeroa (surprising), Taupo, Palmerston North, Levin, Nelson, Kaikoura, Akaroa, Hokitika, Gore 7
Top warm centres this hour
- Kaikohe 13
- Whangarei, Whitianga, Tauranga 12
- Auckland, New Plymouth 11
- Whangaparaoa, Napier, Hawera, Westport 10
- Whangaparaoa, Wellington 9
- Auckland, Tauranga, Hastings, Napier, Lower Hutt 8
Interesting fact from this hour – Auckland Airport has the same temperature as Enderby Island, 500kms south of Invercargill.