A massive high from the west is coming New Zealand’s way and unlike the one last week which brought a lot of gloomy weather this one may be a sunnier system for most.
- Good weather with calm winds are expected in most part of the country after remaining showers clear tonight and early Wednesday.
- A period of showers is possible in the eastern part of both islands during Tuesday evening due to unstable air.
- On Tuesday night minimum temperatures in lower South Island will be significantly low. Then on Wednesday night 1-digit values in minimum temperatures will spread over the North Island.
- Cloudiest weather next couple of days looks to be around Southland, Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne.
- This period of good weather will persist until the weekend when a cold front and windier conditions move into the South Island on Saturday, then the North Island in a much more weakened state on Sunday.
– WeatherWatch.co.nz (Proud to be an official IBM business partner)