A weak front is moving up the country and is disintegrating as it tracks north across the North Island today. After a dry few weeks the West Coast has finally tipped back to normal soil moisture levels thanks to this same front when it was more active down south yesterday.
As high pressure builds over the next 24 to 36 hours most of the country will become dry, or mainly dry. There may just be a few isolated remaining coastal showers on Wednesday in particular.
For the most part NZ is completely dry for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday as this huge high rolls in. 99% of the nation looks dry – the other 1% may see a random brief isolated coastal shower and even then it’s borderline.