Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Some things will not look right and things might not work properly. Please download an up-to-date and free browser from here.

Wellington weather

We haven’t often focussed on Wellington forecasts but today we thought we’d take a look to see if the weather will provide a settled spell over the next few days for the city.

Anyway we think it’s a capital idea! (ok perhaps we’ll leave the puns out next time)

Tuesday Mar 8
Partly Cloudy, 20 chance of precipitation. Winds easing from SSE. Humidity 75%  12 
Wednesday Mar 9
Mostly Sunny, 0 chance of precipitation. Winds steady from SSE. Humidity 70% Sunrise: 7:12 AM 19
Clear, 0 chance of precipitation. Winds 12.9 kph from ENE. Humidity 78%  13
Thursday Mar 10
Sunny, 0 chance of precipitation. Winds 24.1 kph from N. Humidity 75% Sunrise: 7:13 AM 19
Clear, 0 chance of precipitation. Winds 19.3 kph from NNW. Humidity 79%  13
Friday Mar 11
Partly Cloudy, small chance of a shower later, 20% chance of precipitation. Winds 20.9 kph from NNW. Humidity 77% Sunrise: 7:14 AM 19
Some cloud, risk of a shower, 20% chance of precipitation. Winds light and mild from NNE tending cooler S. Humidity 80% 16
Saturday Mar 12
Return to blue skies, 0 chance of precipitation. Winds a little breezy from SSE. Humidity 78% Sunrise: 7:15 AM 19
Clear, 0 chance of precipitation. Winds 12.9 kph from E. Humidity 85%  13


Douglas on 8/03/2011 8:11am

What is the point in providing forecasts with winds of “24.1kph”. It’s pointless “accuracy”, worthless numbers dragged from a computer.

WW Forecast Team on 8/03/2011 10:27am

Hi Douglas,

We agree and are soon dropping it. 

– WeatherWatch

David - Te Awa Estate Napier on 8/03/2011 4:17am

are now apparently making Wellington their ‘temporary’ home have lost their sense of humour, and will more than appreciate the thought!

I have even started to ‘run into’ Christchurch quake escape people in Hawkes Bay who I am sure would appreciate a similar extended detailed f/cst 8 – ]……puns included!

Peter on 9/03/2011 2:59am

And the next few days look great as well.. Hopefully the Cricket Game for Canterbury will be on.. Cant see why not at this stage.. It has sold out, so anyone wanting to go, its too late..

Peter on 9/03/2011 7:11am

And others, yet we tell what our email address is..

WW Forecast Team on 9/03/2011 8:19pm

HI Peter,

Being ‘not verified’ means that you don’t need to log on with a password and username each time.  We may activate it one day – for example if we start getting too much spam – but for now we like to make it easy and fast for people to comment without logging on each time.

– WeatherWatch

Peter on 10/03/2011 3:02am

As you may know, I post on here at times and have uploaded several photos.. Hence asked the question..
Thanks.. Awesome site..

Related Articles