NZHerald.co.nz and Philip Duncan bring you your weekend forecast – plus a look at next week.
In today’s video:
- Skies are clearing (slowly) across NZ for the weekend. Cloudy periods remain in the west but sunny in the east and in the middle.
- Cool nights and mild days will be the general trend for the weekend with light winds.
- A northerly flow will grow from the south and head northwards later on Sunday and into Monday.
- A warm start for next week as a new low forms in the Tasman and pulls down northerlies – some coming from the sub-tropics.
- Heavy rain possible for the West Coast on Tuesday and across the North Island on Wednesday and early Thursday.
- Plus we have a video of a brilliant rainbow right over the top of Albany – in the exact same place as the deadly tornado earlier this month.