The latest details on the situation of ship container Rena in the Bay of Plenty.
* 88 containers have now fallen off the Rena. One of them is a dangerous goods container and 48 are empty.
* Mount Maunganui Beach to Maketu Point is closed to the public.
* Government will consider compensation for BOP businesses.
* 50 tonnes of solid waste and five tonnes of liquid waste has been collected.
* A second officer charged over his role in the Rena disaster has appeared in court.
* Bay of Plenty residents living near beaches are being told to keep their windows shut.
* Anyone wanting to help out with the clean-up effort should phone 0800 645 774 .
* Weather is set to slowly improve and sea swells to slowly ease.
NZHerald and WeatherWatch.co.nz