Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Some things will not look right and things might not work properly. Please download an up-to-date and free browser from here.

POLL RESULTS: Most Kiwis weaned off heating

With a return to wintr-y temperatures in parts of the country this week, some people would be within their rights to check their calendars again – yes, we are in November!

As the interior of the South Island saw late spring frosts, we wanted to know how many of our readers were still using heating – either some, all or none of the time.

The results were surprising – with yes and no split almost right down the middle!

51% answered either none or hardly any of the time, while the other 49% said they were either still using it daily (20%) or “a few times a week” (29%).

With a return to warmer days this weekend, this result may change to reflect the temperature rise as we barrel towards summer!

– Drew Chappell,


Related Articles