Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Some things will not look right and things might not work properly. Please download an up-to-date and free browser from here.

POLL RESULTS: Long winter nights don’t please most kiwis

Our nights are growing longer and cooler, while days are shortening – and temperatures, while still relatively high for June, are certainly down from some of our autumn levels.

In this week’s poll, we wanted to know how many of our readers are enjoying the longer, cooler evenings – and how many want a return to summer’s warmth – and the results weren’t too shocking to anyone who’s been through a cold winter night recently!

More than half, or 54%, of those who voted in our poll, said they weren’t happy with the lower temperatures and longer nights, with the remaining 46% in favour of them – maybe those who enjoy winter sports!

With the rest of June once again shaping up to be warmer than usual, stay up to date with all your weather information here at


Related Articles