Sunny weather dominates South Australia, Victoria and southern New South Wales as the heat wave continues. Solar radiation and northerly winds have caused much higher than usual daytime temperatures around these states.
This trend persists today but alleviates some tomorrow along the southern coastline.
- Temperatures will be about 5C warmer than usual along the southern coastline of Southern Australia and Victoria.
- Today’s temperatures in coastal Southern Australia and western Victoria continue to be very high and are forecast to reach 40C in some areas including Melbourne.
- Tomorrow most areas along the southern coastline will be much cooler, back to temperatures closer to average, thanks to cloudiness. Meanwhile Canberra and Sydney will be significantly hot.
- The risk of fire is high during this period due to high temperature as well as low humidity.
- Western suburbs of Sydney will be in the late 30sC on Monday.
– Maps by The Weather Company (An IBM business)
– WeatherWatch.co.nz (an official IBM business partner)