High pressure will gradually become stronger over New Zealand today. Brisk winds of 15-20km/h are expected in some areas of the North Island but it will become calm across the day with light winds everywhere by overnight.
- The calm weather will continue until Friday in both main islands.
- Maximum temperatures will be above average or equal today, though it will be below average in some areas of the North Island., especially overnight tonight.
- Temperatures will be much warmer tomorrow and above 5C higher than average, mainly in the South Island.
- Maximum temperatures will be near 20C in most areas tomorrow and Friday – which is mild for May.
- On Saturday a cold front will likely pass through the South Island and will approach the North Island for Sunday.
- Heavy rain on the West Coast and strong winds through the Southern Alps are expected this weekend.
- However, warmer temperatures might continue until early next week with a mainly dry week next week for most regions (the West Coast looks the wettest).
– WeatherWatch.co.nz – Proud to be an official IBM business partner