A burst of spring weather is affecting the south eastern corner of Australia today, tomorrow and the next few days. Temperatures are likely to reach 36 degrees in Melbourne by Wednesday and even Tasmania will be in to the low 30s for a short time.
It’s a topsy-turvy week that sees temperatures in Melbourne drop tomorrow Monday to the low 20s after today’s cold front with possible severe thunderstorms. By mid-week it’s hot and by Friday, December 1st, the high in Melbourne may be just 19C.
- Severe thunderstorms are possible in VICTORIA and TASMANIA TODAY/TONIGHT
- The area of rain showers and thunderstorms moves eastward slowly and will reach southern NSW early MONDAY morning. Thunderstorms will only be scattered and isolated when they reach SYDNEY on Monday evening.
- The risk of thunderstorms spreads into CANBERRA in MONDAY MORNING and probably expand to Sydney in the evening.
- Tasmania and most western and central part of Victoria, located behind the front, will clear up on Monday afternoon.
- Very Hot on Wednesday, much cooler by Friday in Melbourne.
- Hobart reaches 31 degrees on Thursday (still November!) but the high is just 17 on Friday (December) and only 16 on Saturday.
– InfoGraphics by The Weather Company (An IBM business and an official business partner of WeatherWatch.co.nz)