We always hear the cliches when the weather turns sunny, dry and warm – “Time to fire up the BBQ, head to beach or mow the lawns”.
But we wanted to know what other things you love doing when the weather is like this.
WeatherWatch.co.nz asked around our workmates and friends to get the ball rolling. Add your thoughts by placing a comment below – it’s easy and you don’t need to sign up!
(Homepage image / AnneMarie Gibson)
– Great for gardening… nothing like pulling the weeds out and tidying the place up.
– Lying in the sun reading a magazine…my idea of paradise.
– Riding the motorbike but without a destination in mind… just seeing where the road takes us.
– Taking the dog for a walk or run
– Believe it or not, I love sitting indoors…opening all the windows and doors so the sea breeze comes in and just lying on the couch or bed watching TV or dozing!
– Great for painting the house, spraying the weeds and getting the vege garden planted for summer.
– Sitting on my deck with my neighbours drinking beers
…add your comments below!
on 29/10/2010 10:46am
Our house backs onto some native bush, so I love to stand on the back porch, cup of tea in hand, soaking up the warmth and listening to the tuis and rosellas singing.
on 29/10/2010 8:20am
Lying on my lounger on the deck under the shade of a big old tree – good book in hand – glass of wine close by – heaven!
on 29/10/2010 7:01am
Im going to sound like a bit of a nana but if it’s sunny I have to do a big load of washing! Clothes, mats, towels,rugs you name it, anything that will fit in the machine without giving it a hernia.
on 29/10/2010 4:13am
Walking through the bush and along the streams around the B.O.P. Gardening – and eating the fruits of my labour. Having a blast with my R.C. Car and Truck.
on 29/10/2010 1:03am
When the weather is sunny I like to take the kids out to discover the beautiful Canterbury Plains. So much to do and see – I save it especially for the sunny weather!
on 29/10/2010 9:33am
actually a great place for just simply just finding a quiet sunny spot, meditating, and saying part of your Rosary!