Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Some things will not look right and things might not work properly. Please download an up-to-date and free browser from here.
This winter has been very eventful so far, with plenty of snow, wind and rain in parts of the country – so maybe it’s no surprise that Kiwis prefer to stay at home during the coldest months of the year.
We wanted to know how many of our readers took a midyear break to ski, snowboard or see the beautiful winter sights – or whether we save up most of our holiday time for the warmer months.
Well we got our answer – with 70% of those who voted saying they either never or seldom ever take a winter holiday or vacation – and the remaining 30% split down the middle by those who go every year or most years.
– Drew Chappell, WeatherWatch.co.nz
Here’s what is making the weather headlines this Sunday. COLDEST SPOT OVERNIGHT, TWIZEL Another cold night last night with frosts…
A high pressure system still covers most of New Zealand today bringing mainly settled and sunny weather. On Sunday a…